Anbaric released a statement from CEO Clarke Bruno on President Biden’s offshore wind goals.
REPORT & PANEL DISCUSSION
Building a New Era of Offshore Wind
The Brattle Group released a report titled Offshore Transmission in New England: The Benefits of a Better-Planned Grid, underscoring the pivotal role of transmission policy in the development of New England’s offshore wind industry.
According to the report, onshore electric grid cost savings of over $1 billion and significantly reduced environmental impacts can be achieved by adopting a multi-user, planned transmission system to harness wind power off New England’s coast.
The Brattle Group presented their findings in a virtual panel discussion with Tufts University and the Responsible Offshore Science Alliance on May 14th. A recording of the panel discussion, as well as access to the report and technical appendices from General Electric and CHA, can be downloaded on this page.
Panel discussion topics included:
- How can Massachusetts and New England most effectively scale its ocean resource?
- What policies do we need now to jumpstart the industry after the profound impact of the Covid-19 epidemic
- Offshore wind status update
- Grid integration challenges
- Lessons learned from Europe
- Findings from analysis by the Brattle Group and Tufts related to offshore transmission
- Next steps for the offshore industry